Seresto® for cats
Seresto® for cats
Why choose Seresto® for cats?
Fleas and ticks don’t stand a chance.
Protects against: Fleas and flea larvae, ticks
Works for: Cats and kittens at least 10 weeks of age
Application type: Collar
Treatment frequency: 8 months
No prescription required
See how the Seresto® collar helps protect your cat from fleas and ticks for 8 months.
Seresto® is the leading, innovative flea and tick collar for cats that applies two active ingredients over your cat’s hair and skin surface: imidacloprid and flumethrin. This steady release of treatment is effective for 8-month protection against fleas and ticks. That's one convenient, non-greasy, odorless flea and tick collar instead of 8 monthly oral or topical treatments. Fleas and ticks are killed through contact with the active
ingredients — no biting required.
When you open the Seresto® for cats tin for the first time, you’ll notice an easy-to-use, odorless and
non-greasy collar that features reflectors as well as a ratchet release mechanism and a predetermined breaking point.
Ready to help protect your cat from fleas and ticks?
Seresto®: A flea and tick treatment different from the rest<sup>†</sup>
|KILLS FLEAS & TICKS||Yes||Yes|
|REPELS FLEAS & TICKS||Yes||No|
|8 MONTHS OF PROTECTION IN 1 APPLICATION||Yes||No|
†Based on label comparisons.
How to apply the 8-month Seresto® cat collar
How to apply Seresto®
Top questions about Seresto® for cats
Do Seresto® collars for cats expire?
There is no expiration date required on the packaging by the EPA for Seresto® for cats. The product should be kept in its original packaging and stored as directed on the label.
How do I apply the Seresto® collar and take it off my cat?
How to apply the Seresto® collar on your cat:
- Remove the collar from its packaging.
- Unroll the collar and remove the small plastic connectors from inside the collar, ensuring that no remnants remain.
- Insert the end of the collar through the buckle and loops.
- Adjust the collar around your cat's neck until it fits comfortably on them.
- Two fingers should fit beneath the collar and neck to ensure it is not too tight. Any excess length of the collar beyond an inch past the loops should be cut off unless it is on a growing kitten, where some additional length may be needed for adjustment as the kitten grows. Also, make sure the collar cannot be pulled over the head.
- Check periodically and adjust fit if necessary, especially if you have a kitten that is rapidly growing.
- Seresto® comes with three optional reflector clips that can be attached to the collar to help keep your cat visible at night. The reflector clips should be evenly distributed on the non-overlapping part of the collar.
Watch our application video for more information.
How to take the Seresto® collar off your cat:
Squeeze the outer sides of the buckle while pulling from the other end or side of the collar. Some may find it just as easy to cut the collar off before applying the new Seresto® collar.