Seresto® for dogs
Seresto® for dogs
Why choose Seresto® for dogs?
- no biting required
Fleas and ticks don’t stand a chance
Protects against: Fleas and flea larvae, ticks, sarcoptic mange, chewing lice
Works for: Dogs and puppies at least 7 weeks of age
Application type: Collar
Treatment frequency: 8 months
No prescription required
See how the Seresto® collar helps protect your dog from fleas and ticks for 8 months.
Seresto® is the leading, innovative flea and tick collar for dogs that applies two active ingredients over your dog’s hair and skin surface: imidacloprid and flumethrin. This steady release of treatment is effective for 8-month protection against fleas and ticks. That's one convenient, non-greasy, odorless flea and tick collar instead of 8 monthly oral or topical treatments.
Ready to help protect your dog from fleas and ticks?
Seresto®: A flea and tick treatment different from the rest<sup>†</sup>
|KILLS FLEAS & TICKS||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|REPELS FLEAS & TICKS||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|8 MONTHS OF PROTECTION IN 1 APPLICATION||Yes||No||No||No||No|
†Based on label claims.
How to apply the 8-month Seresto® dog collar
non-greasy, odorless and easy to use.
How to apply Seresto® collar
Top questions about Seresto® for dogs
How do Seresto® collars for dogs work?
The Seresto® collar works with a unique polymer matrix of two active ingredients, which spread from the site of direct contact over the skin surface of your dog:
- Imidacloprid has been used in products for years to control flea infestations.
- Flumethrin effectively kills and repels ticks.
- Flumethrin works together with imidacloprid to provide dual action against fleas and ticks. No other product has this combination of ingredients.
Sustained release technology
Seresto® works similarly to a monthly topical in the fact that the active ingredients spread from the site of direct contact over the skin surface. The active ingredients in Seresto® are released in low concentrations from within the collar and, thanks to your pet's skin and coat, spread from head to toes, even the tail. As the active ingredients wear off over time, a new supply is continuously replenished in low concentrations for 8 months. The long-lasting, 8-month duration of Seresto® differentiates it from other flea and tick collars.
Watch our video for more information about How It Works.
Do Seresto® collars for dogs expire?
There is no expiration date required on the packaging by the EPA for Seresto® for dogs. The product should be kept in its original packaging and stored as directed on the label.
Can I bathe my dog with the Seresto® collar on?
Seresto® is water-resistant and remains effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming or after exposure to rain or sunlight. Under normal conditions, effectiveness lasts for 8 months. To maintain an 8-month duration, dogs must not be bathed more than once per month. There is no need to remove the collar for bathing. Please use a gentle, soap-free pet shampoo.
How do I apply the Seresto® collar and take it off my dog?
How to apply the Seresto® collar on your dog:
- Remove the collar from its packaging.
- Unroll the collar and remove the small plastic connectors from inside the collar, ensuring that no remnants remain.
- Insert the end of the collar through the buckle and loops.
- Adjust the collar around your dog's neck until it fits comfortably on them.
- Two fingers should fit beneath the collar and neck to ensure it's not too tight. Any excess length of the collar beyond an inch past the loops should be cut off, unless it is on a growing puppy, where some additional length may be needed for adjustment as the puppy grows.
- Check periodically and adjust fit if necessary, especially on growing puppies.
- Seresto® comes with three optional reflector clips that can be attached to the collar to help keep your dog visible at night. The reflector clips should be evenly distributed on the non-overlapping part of the collar.
Watch our application video for more information.
How to take the Seresto® collar off your dog:
Squeeze the outer sides of the buckle while pulling from the other end or side of the collar. Some may find it just as easy to cut the collar off before applying the new Seresto® collar.
Why can Seresto® be used on pets?
Seresto® kills fleas and ticks.
Seresto® was designed with specific ingredients at doses that are active against fleas and ticks. Studies show that fleas and ticks are highly susceptible to the combination of imidacloprid and flumethrin found in Seresto®.
The Seresto® collar works with a unique polymer matrix of two active ingredients, which spread from the site of direct contact over the skin surface of your dog. The active ingredients in Seresto® are released in low concentrations from within the collar. As the active ingredients wear off over time, a new supply is continuously replenished in low concentrations. Imidacloprid has been used in products for years to control flea infestations. Flumethrin effectively kills and repels ticks.
How do I know if the Seresto® collar I purchased is authentic?
It’s crucial that pet owners purchase real and genuine Seresto® products from authorized veterinary clinics and trusted retailers to help ensure product authenticity and performance. Find Seresto® at a clinic or retailer online or near you.