Advantage® Household Fogger
The fogger reaches fleas and other listed insects in places you can’t see such as hidden in carpets, rugs, drapes, upholstery, pet bedding, floor cracks and open cabinets. Kills adult and preadult fleas, including flea eggs for 7 months! Kills hatching fleas before they grow up to bite! Package contains three, 2 oz. canisters for use indoors.
- One canister treats a room up to 16 ft. x 16 ft. with an 8 ft. ceiling or 2,000 cubic ft. of unobstructed space
- Contains a combination of ingredients that kills both adult and hatching fleas.
Occasionally adult fleas may be present in treated areas when reintroduced from infested animals. To protect your pet against and to minimize reintroduction of adult fleas from outdoors, use EPA registered flea and tick products, Advantage® Treatment Spray for Dogs or Advantage® Treatment Spray for Cats in conjunction with this application and prior to re-entry.
As part of a complete flea control program, use EPA registered Advantage® Household Spot & Crevice Spray, Advantage® Carpet & Upholstery Spot Spray, and Advantage® Yard and Premise Spray.
Advantage® Household Fogger FAQs
How do I use the Advantage Household Fogger for fleas in my home?
One canister of fogger will treat a room up to 16 ft x 16 ft with an 8 ft ceiling or 2,000 cubic ft of unobstructed space. However, do not use more than one fogger per room and do not use in small, enclosed spaces such as closets, cabinets, or under counters or tables. Avoid using Advantage Household Fogger in a room 5 x 5 ft or smaller; instead, allow fog to enter from other rooms. See below for flea fogger directions.
Before You Fog:
- Remove or cover exposed food and drinking water before any application.
- Remove or cover dishes, utensils, food processing equipment and food preparation surfaces, or wash them before use.
- Be sure to remove pets and birds, as well as cover and turn off fish aquariums before activating canister.
- Shut off all exhaust fans and close all windows, doors and ventilators.
- Turn off ALL ignition sources such as pilot lights (shut off gas valves), other open flames or running electrical appliances that cycle off and on (e.g.,. refrigerators, thermostats, etc.)
- Cover wood floors and wood furniture in the immediate area around fogger with newspapers or a dropcloth.
- Open cabinets, cupboards, drawers, closets and doors in areas to be treated.
- Place a chair, small table or stand in the center of the room to be treated, and then cover with newspaper.
- Fill out and place a hang-tag on the door to the treated area to alert anyone with access to the treated area not to enter for two (2) hours.
To Start Fogging:
- Shake well before use and keep container upright.
- The canister sprays straight up, so it’s important to point the canister away from your face and eyes when releasing.
- To lock valve in position for automatic discharge, press the valve button down firmly until it snaps into place.
- Once the canister has been activated, place the canister on the chair, small table or stand (that is covered by newspaper) in the center of the room to be treated.
- For best results, treat all areas infested with fleas or other pests.
- Do not remain in the treated area. Vacate the treated house, individual apartment unit or other structure immediately.
- Do not re-enter for two (2) hours.
- Wait two (2) hours after application, and then open windows, vents and doors for two (2) hours. If an odor is still detectable, additional ventilation is required.
- For more effective control of storage pests and cockroaches, open all cupboard doors and drawers for better penetration of fog.
- Remove all infested foodstuffs and dispose of it in outdoor trash.
- For flea and tick control, thoroughly vacuum all carpeting, upholstered furniture, along baseboards, under furniture and in closets. Put vacuum bag into a sack and dispose of it in outdoor trash.
Warning: Use of a fogger in an enclosed space may cause the product to explode, resulting in injury to people or damage to property. Be sure to thoroughly read product label directions and precautionary statements before use.
How do flea bombs and foggers work?
Flea foggers and flea bombs work by releasing a specially formulated, pesticide-infused fog into an infested space to kill fleas and other insects.
Be sure to thoroughly read product label directions and precautionary statements before use.
What does the Advantage Household Fogger treat my home for?
The Advantage Household Fogger contains a combination of ingredients that kills adult and preadult fleas, including flea eggs for 7 months.
The flea and tick fogger also kills the following listed insects: Cockroaches, Smokey Brown Cockroaches, Brown Banded Cockroaches, Asian Cockroaches, German Cockroaches, American Cockroaches, Australian Cockroaches, Waterbugs, Palmetto Bugs, Granary Insects, Flat Grain Beetles, Cadelles, Rice Weevils, Flour Beetles, Cigarette Beetles, Drugstore Beetles, Lesser Grain Borers, Merchant Grain Beetles, Saw-toothed Grain Beetles, Grain Weevils, Warehouse Beetles, Red Flour Beetles, Sowbugs, Millipedes, Beetles, Ground Beetles, Elm Leaf Beetles, Boxelder Bugs, Earwigs, Lice, Pillbugs, Clover Mites, Carpet Beetles (Trogoderma), Midges, Flies, Gnats, Cluster Flies, Mosquitoes, Sciarid Flies, Firebats, Silverfish, Booklice, Bedbugs, Wood Borers (exposed stages), Grain Mites, Ticks that may carry and transmit Lyme disease, Brown Dog Ticks, Lone Star Ticks, Deer Ticks, Other Ixodid Species, American Dog Ticks, Gulf Coast Ticks, Foraging Ants, Carpenter Ants, Centipedes, Flying Moths, Almond Moths, Chocolate Moths, Tobacco Moths, Indian Meal Moths, Indian Mealworms, Angoumois Grain Moths, Hornets, Carpenter Bees, Wasps, Yellow Jackets and Cheese Mites.
Be sure to thoroughly read product label directions and precautionary statements before use.
How long does the Advantage Household Fogger take to work?
After activating the canister, a flea bomb typically takes about two (2) hours to completely release. Do not remain in treated area. Vacate the treated house, individual apartment unit, or other structure immediately. Do not re-enter for two (2) hours.
After two (2) hours, windows, doors and vents need to be opened to ventilate the area for two (2) hours. However, if an odor is still detected, additional ventilation is required.
From start to finish, it typically takes approximately four (4) hours to flea bomb a house. Be sure to thoroughly read product label directions and precautionary statements before use.
Help Fight Fleas in Your House and Yard with Advantage®
Learn more about the Advantage® topicals, foggers, shampoos and sprays available to help you fight a flea infestation that threatens your pet, home and yard.View Transcript
Seeing fleas on your pet usually comes as an alarming surprise! Where did those fleas come from?! The fleas you see on your cat or dog come from an infested area that is harboring fleas and their eggs. This infested area could be anywhere! And once fleas land on your pet they begin to lay lots of eggs that fall off into areas of the house and yard. Fleas can live on your pet for months and shed up to 50 eggs in a single day. So pretty soon it seems like fleas are everywhere!
The flea life cycle is quick and flea eggs soon develop into adult fleas and will continually infest your pet unless steps are taken. TEXT ON SCREEN: Stage 1- Eggs, Stage 2-Larvae, Stage 3-Pupae, Stage 4- Flea
This is why treating your yard and home for fleas is so important for clearing out an infestation. Advantage® has a line of products to help you get rid of fleas on your cat or dog, and in your home and yard, including ...once a month topicals, treatment shampoos, pet spray, home spray and foggers, and a yard and premise spray. We call them the Advantage® Fleaction Plan™! Fight the Misery of Biting Fleas with Advantage® products made to help you get rid of fleas in the home, yard, and on your pet.
Advantage® Treatment Spray for cats
An on-pet treatment spray that kills and repels fleas, ticks and lice.
Advantage® Yard & Premise Spray
Kill insects, fleas and ticks around the perimeter of your home.
Not for use on pets. Use as directed.
Advantage® II for cats
A monthly topical application that kills fleas that can cause painful bites.
We don't recognize this email and password combination. Please try again, or let us help by clicking "Forgot password?" below.
Save 's story.
Sign in or register for PetBasics from Bayer to add 's story to your account.
Not yet registered?
Connect With Us
Sign up for PetBasics from Bayer, so we can provide you with special offers, timely news, tips and more.
You’ve successfully registered for PetBasics from Bayer.Welcome to PetBasics from Bayer: Your guide to the healthcare essentials your pet needs — created precisely right. We're glad you're here. Ready to get started?
Did you forget your password?It happens, and we can help. Just enter your email address below, and we'll send you a link to create a new password.
CAUTION: Federal (U.S.A) law restricst Advantage Multi for cats (imidacloprid + moxidectin) to use by or on the order of licensed veterianrian..
WARNINGS: Do not use on sick or debilitated cates or ferrets.Do not use on underweight cats.(see ADVERSE REACTION).Do not use on cats less than 9 weeks of age or less than 2 lbs body weight .Do not use of ferrets less than 2 lbs weight.
PRECAUTIONS: Avoid oral ingestion.
HUMAN WARNINGS: Children should not come in contact with the application site for 30 minutes after application.
CAUTION:Federal (U.S.A) law restricts this drug to use by or on the order of a licensed veterinarian.
WARNINGS: DO NOT ADMINISTER THIS PRODUCT ORALLY For the first 30 minutest after application ensure that dogs cannot lick the product from application site of themselves or other treated animal.Chidren should not come in contact with the application sites for two (2) hours after application. (See Contraindications, Warnings,Human Warnings, and Adverse Reactions, for more information.)
CONTRAINDICATIONS: Do not use this product on cats